Sunday, April 5, 2009

LITTLE MAN LOUNGING

Great parents want their children to feel good, healthy and be comfortable. This weekend for Brent has turned out to be uneventful and we give thanks. Brent is resting well allowing his body to take the time to heal. Tonight, all is well.

Scot and Carolyn (Cary) had a good rest last night and during the day today. This is day thirty eight of a journey they never expected. They are carrying themselves very well. Some of the pictures I will never forget so far from this journey:
  • the Saturday morning after the accident when Scot wouldn't let go of Pastor Marvin's or my hand
  • the meeting when we had to talk about the strategy of what to do with Katie while wondering how Brent is doing
  • the private family funeral on Friday March 6 - the stories of Katie
  • the first time seeing Brent in the hospital
  • the exciting news of how Brent was healing
  • then Sunday March 29 things taking a turn for the chaotic
  • Tuesday night - getting a phone call when a calm Scot asked me how I was doing - knew right then we were in for a stressful night
  • Tuesday night March 31 - when Scot told me on the phone it was the Aorta - Pastor Angela and I decided we needed to go and be with them
  • The wonderful stories we heard and pictures we saw that night while waiting for the surgery to stop
  • The look of fear and anxiety in a set of parent's eyes everytime the OR doors opened
  • The sense and look of relief when the doctor came and said everything went as smoothly as it could - Brent was still here and that was cause for celebration
  • The moment when Scot, Carolyn (Cary), Pastor Angela and myself entered the room to see Brent after the surgery - we just stood there, quietly,prayed, we wept and yet through all this stress there was a sweet presence of the Holy Spirit - God giving us a big hug letting us know He's there
  • Wed night - Thurs night - long, long day wondering what was going to happen to Brent
  • Friday April 3 - declared Katie day and Brent settled down
  • The hundreds of people who arrived to celebrate Katie Rose at Elim Tabernacle in Saskatoon
  • The hundreds of people who waited in line to console Scot and Carolyn (Cary)
  • The hundreds of people who waited in line and received consoling from Scot and Carolyn (Cary) instead
  • That Scot and Carolyn (Cary) had strength to stand for two and a half hours to greet people - strength that could only be explained by the power of the Heavenly Father
  • at 6 p.m on Friday, April 3 Scot and Carolyn (Cary) made the journey back to Regina to be with and cheer on Brently

We don't understand. We hurt. We continue on in hope. The image of these two parents channelling that strength will affect me for a lifetime.

Continue to pray for full healing for Brent and for his Mom and Dad.

Keep hoping.Keep loving. Keep praying.

8 comments:

  1. I will continue to lift this family in prayer.

    Thank you for updating this blog for all of us who are following it.

    I will keep hoping and praying for this wonderfully loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a peaceful night for the three of you...and continued healing for Brent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scot & Carolyn
    It was wonderful to see your courage this past Friday, and the memorial service was touching to me. I took the day off work just to come try encourage my friend Scot, but he really encouraged me greatly. He even had the time to make me laugh. To see your hope and understanding through the circumstances, your faith in the Father and His Kingdom, touched my spirit. Carolyn, you don't really know me, but I knew your husband Scot through high school. Thank you for blessing my heart, through your strength. I can never imagine what you people are going through, but I know that the Holy Spirit is giving you strength to face each day. There's not a day that goes by, that your not on my mind. I keep praying for Brent, and both of you. I would also like to take this time to once again to thank Pastor Rob Clark for his updates, its time consuming I know, but that's what friends do! May the Lord Jesus Christ continue to strengthen all those that are involved.
    A Brother in Christ Jesus, Elmer Masuskapoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you Pastor Rob for sharing everything with us.
    I thank and praise the Lord our God for the rest that Brent and his parents are getting. Rest well needed. I thank you Lord that Brent's body is beginning to heal. I thank-you for all that YOU have done....all that YOU do....and all that YOU will do.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brent keep on fighting boy, keep on healing. Sending our love and strength, Adele & Huw Morris and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so thankful that brent is doing well. Our God is a great God and His will is our desire. We continue to have you in our thoughts and prayers.What a journey God is leading you through. No words!!!
    Marlyn & Leander

    ReplyDelete
  7. my kids keep updating me that they are praying for Brent...when they are at school or when they think of him during the day. Brent - keep fighting there is a lot of people who want to see you well...and give you hugs...we send you our love and prayers..May God bless you with supernatural miracles, favor and everything good your heavenly Papa wants to pour on you.
    The enemy comes to take away but our God is bigger and will restore what has been lost..praying for peace and miraculous recovery! Scot and Carolyn - I came to the memorial and was so moved by the many people your family has touched. I didn't know Katie but after Friday everyone who didn't know her knew how special she was!

    My kids and I met brent at Kids camp last year and we fell in love with the goofy, fun loving, full of fire kid...I pray and believe that all will be restored to that young man in time. We pray you continue to receive God's strength and peace during this time. God loves you and I thank you for being amazing parents to two amazing gifts from God...you have done an amazing job raising two amazing kids!!
    Please tell Brent Lane & Cassidy from kids camp love him and are praying for him...Lane was crying the other day that Brent won't be at camp this year....I told him to pray for that miracle (if not as a counsellor as a visitor)so we are praying with expectation and as soon as he is able ...we hope to be one of the hundreds of people who see him when he comes home!

    God spoke to me the other day and I beleive what you are going through has made this more important to me. He awoke me about 5am and said. When your children interupt you no matter what your doing...learn to stop and listen and help them if they ask...don't chase them away because your watching a show they can't watch (seriously should you be watching it anyways?)
    don't shew them away when you are wasting time on your computer (turn it off for awhile), consider these interuption as gifts from me...your kids still want to talk to you, do things with you, and be with you..keep pushing them away and one day you'll wonder where they are...one day I may take them home and now is the time to make memories and enjoy the interuptions.

    Since I told my husband about this visit with God and how sad I am for your family we need to change....in one day my husband got it....we are welcoming the interuptions and we cherish our children even more.

    At the memorial I saw the memories you had with your children through the photos and that was very inspiring..you appreciated the gifts God gave you!!! thankyou!

    WE are so sorry for your lose...and will continue to pray for you!!
    we love you.
    Lane & Cassidy and their mom Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pastor Rob we thank-you for the time you put into the updates, todays was just wonderful!
    Scot and Carolyn it was so good to see you at the Momorial! I was at such a loss for words when I saw you, all I could say was I love you guys! I am amazed at how well you are doing, you are such specail parents! Your courage speaks volumes to me!
    Brent, little man coninue to rest, we love you so much!
    Brent, Tammy, Brandon & Donavon.

    ReplyDelete