Friday, April 10, 2009

A GOOD FRIDAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN....FOR DIFFERENT REASONS

Today is Good Friday...the day we reflect on Jesus' death on the cross for us and what that means - healing and a new life for every man, woman, and child.

This beautiful, sunny Good Friday morning the Peterson's are awaken to more news about their son. Brently's conditon is much the same, however he is vomiting quite often and his oxygen level on the respirator has been raised. There will be much discussion today amongst medical staff about what action needs to be taken and when.

Why do we pray? We know the Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are near with us on this journey. The bible instructs us to persevere in situations of suffering.

Scot, Carolyn (Cary), and Brent are strong followers of the teachings of Jesus and the bible. John 3:16 says, "This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life" (The Message).

They are not alone on this journey - great support from their faith, from their family, from their friends, and from their church.

We'll keep you posted...thank you for your prayers.

May you reflect today on the actions of Christ on the cross and sense great peace.

Keep hoping.Keep loving.Keep praying.

3 comments:

  1. Oh My dear friends Scot and Cary, Today is good friday and I will be praying and fasting for you all today. My heart goes out to you all in ways that are hard to understand. There is not a moment in the day when I don't think of you all. I continue to pray especially at the top of each and every hour. Last night I spent the night at St. pauls hospital for my own health related problems ,which are so minor compared to what your family is going through, never-the- less it was a physical reminder to pray for you all even more. Please know you are all in my prayers many times a day and I do believe in miracles. I believe God has great and mighty things in store for Brent and your family!!!! Remember.... :"LOOK OUT FEAR....HERE COMES FAITH!!!!" From your friend and coworker Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott and Carolyn, Today as I head to the Good friday service my thoughts are filled with you and your Son. This day is so special, this is the day the marks new life. This is the day the started it all. May God's Healing rain shower down on Brent today and may the holy spirit comfort you and bring you peace.
    Please know that you have been in my families prayers everyday and will continue to be.
    From your co-worker Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update.
    I will fast and pray for Brent and the Family today.

    Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this:
    "The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
    His mercies never cease.
    Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning."

    ReplyDelete