Saturday, March 7, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Backward

Saturday, March 7, 2009

A long day for Scot, Carolyn and Brent. Brent's blood pressure needs to become more stable. While a dressing was being changed an incident occurred and Brent ended up going for a two hour surgery on Saturday afternoon. This caused a scare and some stress for his parents.

The surgery went fine. A blood transfusion was required. Brent is now being heavily sedated again to allow his body to heal properly.

Good news...when they were checking his legs and toes there was some movement today.

Pray for Scot and Carolyn - they are tired and experiencing alot of stress.

Pray for the following for Brent - for the blood pressure to be normal, for his body to become stronger so less sedation is required, for healing for his heart, intestine, bowel. Pray for a stronger back and more movement in his legs.

I read with Scot James 5:14 - 15 " Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make them well; the Lord will raise him up"

Please keep praying.

My heart aches for and loves this family greatly.

7 comments:

  1. many of us who are not family really appreciate these updates and the reminder to pray. thank-you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are members of Ken and Myrna Priebe's church in Kelstern. We want you to know that many are praying for you here. We will update the church this morning and we will continue to stand with you in prayer. May you feel His presence and Love and the prayers of many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Scot & Carolyn for allowing these updates to be posted. We check them regularly and continue to pray for all of them. Our daughter sung the song, Jesus Take the Wheel, today at home and dedicated it to Brent. Although she has never met him, she prays for him. Our daughter is also 14. She has sung this song many times but today we saw tears in her eyes as she sung the chorus. Brent has developed an unseen friendship. Here is the chorus she sung:
    Jesus take the wheel
    Take it from my hands
    Cause I can't do this on my own
    I'ma let it go
    So give me one more chance
    To save me from this road I'm on
    Jesus take the wheel.
    Hope this message can give you strength.
    K&O Aiken, & daughter Dallis

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh god i hope Brent pulls through, we miss him back at school

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie and Brent were just little kids when I attended Westside Pentecostal Church and I was a teenager at the time....Now I'm married for 11 yrs and have 3 kids - 9,6,&5...2 boys and 1 girl....I CANNOT imagine what you must be going through...to lose a child and have another so seriously injured....I believe God is still in the business of Miracles today...and I'm praying for Brent, Scot & Carolyn for healing, and a peace that only our Saviour can bring...know that many are upholding you in prayer...stay steadfast...He will never leave you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope brent gets better. He desevres to live not to be like this. good luck to him. He was an amazing sax player. We miss him greatly in band.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karrie, Scott and Brent,
    I'm praying for you. My heart goes out to you. May God's peace envelop you and may the Holy Spirit of God carry you when you just can't go forward on your own anymore. May God's comforting compassion sustain you. Lovingly, Linda Holmes
    Say hello to your family, especially your sister Kathy. Hugs of love to you from me.

    ReplyDelete