Sunday, March 22, 2009

BRENT OUT OF SURGERY

Sorry for the late posting - I was officiating a wedding today in Delta, B.C.

Brent came out of surgery around 5:30 tonight. The surgery went well and Brent is resting. Brent will continue to need more surgery . These surgeries involve healing the skin around the abdomen and changing the vac dressing. More surgeries will be scheduled and it does appear that this healing will take some time.

Please become more fervent in your prayers for healing for Brent. Each day involves many miracles and God is at work in Brent's life.

Pray for:

  • full healing of Brent's abdomen, bowel, aorta
  • for the blood pressure to stabilize
  • for his back to become strong and solid
  • for moments for Brent to handle conversation and touch
  • for Scot and Carolyn as they prepare for the memorial for Katie on April 3

"You and your prayers are part of the rescue operation - I don't want you in the dark about that either. I can see your faces even now, lifted in praise for God's deliverance of us, a rescue in which your prayers played such a crucial part" (The Message - 2 Corinthians 1:11)

5 comments:

  1. Dear Carolyn & Scott, we continue to stand with you in these difficult days. Love Lloyd & Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our former Saskatoon Bible College friends from the 1960s gathering at our home last evening. The 5 couples specifically lifted Brent up in prayer along with you Scot and Carolyn. We prayed that your son would quickly heal, and that you both would know the strength and comfort of the Lord as you prepare for Katie's service. As well, your parents (Harvey and Maggie) were in our concerns. May they also have good health and strength in these most stressful days.
    Love Irvin & Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention in my comment that the "medihoney" i mentioned is something that is new and surgeons have not heard of. The only reason my husband was put on it is because the manager of Surgery 5000 at RUH (Colleen) is from New Zealand where they use the honey all of the time. Again, my prayers are with Brent and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scot and Cary - Your situation is never far from my mind and I continue to stand with you in prayer for all the healing your family needs. I'm reading Amy Grant's book "Mosaic" and came across a sentence last evening that made me think of you coping with the loss of Katie. It says "Just because a life is cut short doesn't mean it can't provide a lifetime of impact for those still living." I trust you will be able to find a bit comfort in those words someday. Bonnie (Buhr) Meier

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scot and Cary,
    When I was in the hospital in Jan, I over heard one of the nurses talking with my roommate about the honey. They say it does do wonders to promote healing. It may be something to look into for the areas around the incissions. So that the skin does not die around there.

    Hugs and Prayers
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete