Sunday, February 26, 2012

Three Years and It Seems Like Just Yesterday



Katie,
They said it would get easier with each passing year . . . it just isn't so! We miss you like it was just yesterday.


Dad misses your favorite phrase "make good choices Dad" which he would reply "blew that, I got out of bed".
Mom misses kissing you all over your beautiful face and telling you how much she loves you.
Brent misses you most on road trips.
Grandpa and Grandma Peterson miss your amazing and always willing hugs along with your smile.
Grandpa and Grandma Neufeld miss your hugs too but they also miss their "Ricochet" and watching old slide shows with you.

Some friends were asked what they missed.
One said she misses you the most when she thinks of the great memories you made together at the Camp Kadesh Youth Retreat.
Another friend said she misses the crazy things the two of you would fight over. She said "we fought like sisters and you were like a sister to her."

Regardless of anyone's memory, one thing holds true, you were there for EVERYONE! You were a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on, and always had a hug when someone neeed it . . . for anything you were always there. Maybe that is why we miss your presence so much.

Love You Always,
Dad, Mom & Brent
Family & Friends

Thanks to everyone who has read the blog, prayed for our family and kept us in your prayers. We would love to hear your favorite memories of Katie.

Keep hoping. Keep loving. Keep praying.

3 comments:

  1. I remember growing up playing with Kim, Katie, Brent and Kyle while you guys and mom and dad all played cards up stairs...
    We would make forts in your basement...pretend the carpet was lava...or banish the boys to being the "creatures" and making them catch us...i remember climbing the carpet pole in the basement and scott getting upset...haha.
    I remember getting older and thinking, 'I cant WAIT till these kids are older, im far too cool to keep playing these games'
    ...but we all know i wasnt...haha.
    I remember climbing onto Katie's bed and jumping off to see who could jump the hardest...cuz the bed seemed so high off the ground.
    Sock pupets behind the bar, stereos far too loud, her warning brent that "if I miss anything, you should know dang sure that Amanda wont miss it...shes far too tall to miss anything" and her telling me she couldnt wait to get big like me to learn how to look "grown up" like me...

    I miss you Katie...but like you said, the giant in me has got her eyes on your little bro...I promise. Love you, hope you like the picture.

    Amanda (Polly)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite memories of Katie was when I went to her Sweet sixteen birthday party and it was so much fun. I could always ask Katie for advice and she gave me some really good advice. I remember when Katie and I and all of ours friends would be early for school, we just hung out in the cafeteria and had fun at our table before the bell would ring for class to start. I remember when Katie was in grade nine and I was in grade ten we went to Pike Lake with our school City Park and with our friends. It rained a lot while we were at Pike Lake but we had fun because everyone played hid and go seek in the dark at night to for hours until the game was done.We like sitting at the camp fire to warm up. Katie always gave the best hugs and she always had a smile on her face. These are all of my favorite memories of Katie. I miss her so much.

    I will keep on praying for the Peterson Family. I am sending everyone hugs.


    From: Victoria Lacey Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Kathy and Uncle John miss Katie's visits to the farm, playing with Wilson the cat and "watching" our grandchildren. Katie was always so full of energy and love. I miss the squeals of delight, or the squeals of protest depending on the situation. Any bugging could bring on a pillow fight or a race around the room in persute of someone who was bound to get swatted. We miss our little hug-a-bug.
    We are thankful to God for sharing Katie with us for 16 years. God bless you, Cary, Scot and Brent. Love from us all.

    ReplyDelete