Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Update on Brent

Brent has been out of the hospital for a while. The Doctors decided to do an extended course of antibiotics. The surgical Doctor believes it is a deep seeded infection that never totally gets cleared up. As of now they have decided on 8 weeks of home iv antibiotics. So you got it Dad and Mom have become the administrators of this with Brent's help. Home Care comes in once a week and makes sure everything is going well and to do a dressing change on Brent's pic line.
He is on two different antibiotics - Vancomycin and Ertapenem. He receives them every 12 hours and they run over an hour and a half. Brent will go for a CT scan on March 28th. This will hopefully show if the antibiotics are working or if there is a leak that they may be missing. Their goal is to fix or find out why the infections keep reoccuring.
Brent has had a cold that seems to be lingering and a stretched groin muscle.
He has been able to keep up in school pretty well but physio has suffered because of him not feeling great.
We covet and appreciate your continued prayers.


Keep hoping. Keep loving. Keep praying.

11 comments:

  1. Delighted to receive a card from Carolyn last week with the photo of the three of you in your Canadian red. Loving, hoping and praying with you that these two antibiotics would do their healing work in Brent's body and that God would give the doctors a portion of His wisdom to know what has been causing all of these infections.

    Loving, hoping and praying with you,
    Deborah McConkey, Saskatoon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still thinking of you all as you figure out what's going on with Brent! Thoughts and prayers as you are grieving through this anniversary season. You are an amazing family-May you continue to feel the peace that flows from God.

    Char & Ken Epp and 4 boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW AGAIN!! At least you can do this at home instead of hospital!! But we pray for continued healing for Brent! You are always on our hearts ,Love you guys, Auntie Ang,Uncle Norm and girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you, sending hugs your way. We will continue to pray the doctors will find out whats going on. Love you much!
    Darren & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Continuing to think of you Scott, Carolyn, and Brent. Wishing you full healing Brent - that this infection would be completely removed, and that you would feel healthy and strong once again.
    Reta

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know we love you and pray for healing Brent. Love and kisses....even if you could do without the kisses!!!
    Love Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been praying for Scott,Carolyn and for Brent to get all better and that the infection will go a way soon. I hope the doctors that are helping Brent will help him feel better soon. I will keep on hoping, keep on loving and keep on praying for the Peterson family. :) I hope Brent will feel great soon as he gets better. :)
    I will never for get how sweet Katie Peterson is and she is a really good friend to me. Rest In Peace Katie Peterson.

    From: Victoria Lacey Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been praying for Brent every day now and praying for his family to. I hope he gets better soon. I hope the doctors find out what is happening that keeps on getting Brent sick. I hope he will heal up fast and gets better really soon. I will keep on hoping,keep on loving and keep on praying for the Peterson family.

    I will all ways remember Katie and all of our good times we had with her and her sweet six teen was the best ever. :) Rest. In Peace Kaite Peterson.

    From: Victoria Lacey Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  9. haven't seen an update for some time. i hope all is well with brent and his family.

    stella (regina)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Brent Peterson is getting better soon. I have been praying every day day for Brent Peterson to get better and I have been praying for his family too. I hope some one will write an update soon.

    I miss Katie Peterson alot tonight I was listening the Sarah Mclachlan- I will remember you and I was crying because I miss Katie Petrson alot. She was such a really good friend to me, I miss talking to Katie Peterson so much. Rest In Peace Katie Peterson. I will always remember you.

    From:Victoria Lacey Holmes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have been keeping Brent and his family in my thoughts. If someone would be willing to share an update with us it would be greatly appreciated. God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete